The Royal Veterinary College (RVC) - a world leading provider of teaching in veterinary science, medicine and nursing - required an experienced conference venue and experiential learning centre to host its inaugural three-day residential Veterinary Team Leadership and Professionalism course.
The primary aim of the course was to equip more than 60 veterinary students, veterinary nurse students and veterinary science students with essential business and leadership skills to operate successful vet practices upon graduation.
THE VENUE BRIEF
The first time the course had been rolled-out in the UK; RVC were keen to source an outstanding training venue with facilities to accommodate traditional lecture style presentations, as well as on-site experiential learning activities to demonstrate the value of team working.
The training centre also needed to offer comfortable overnight accommodation and private dining facilities for more than 60 delegates.
With undergraduates and staff attending from all over the country from RVC’s headquarters in London to Glasgow University - the venue also needed to be supported by excellent main road, rail and airport links.
Situated in Buckinghamshire, 30 miles from central London and close to main motorways and London airports, Lane End Conference Centre provided the ideal combination of location, training facilities and accommodation.
The spacious, self-contained layout of The Pavilion building provided a private, focussed work environment for the teaching element of the course.
Whilst the centre’s 20 fixed experiential learning activities located a few minutes’ walk away in the centre’s grounds fulfilled the team working aspects of the programme.
Each experiential learning activity was devised to match the programme’s aims and was facilitated by the centre’s resident team building experts.
The Pavilion building includes:
- A large modern function room with capacity for 150 people
- Three private break-out rooms
- Audio-visual conference screen, projector, flipcharts and superfast (up to 100 Mb) broadband
- Direct access to experiential learning facilities in the centre’s 26-acre grounds
- Private reception for registration, kitchen facilities to serve tea, coffee and lunch and private bar.
- Floor-to-ceiling length windows and French doors leading onto a private terrace
The Centre’s Experiential Learning Facilities include:
- 20 different cerebral, physical and mental challenges each designed to enhance individual performance in the workplace
- Hands-on guidance from an expert team specialising in experiential learning and leadership coaching
- Learning techniques aligned to clients’ specific training aims
- Activities ranging from 30 minutes to three hours.
Dr Mandi de Mestre, RVC’s principal organiser and programme contributor said: “We are really thrilled with how the course went. The students and staff alike found it an inspiring and effective learning experience.
“The facilities at Lane End provided an excellent learning environment for the delegates. Several students commented on the value of Lane End’s outdoor fixed elements for the development of team working skills.”
Can we help you?
Are you looking for private conference facilities and experiential learning activities for your team building or training event? Find out more by contacting Sales and Marketing Manager Heni Fourie today on +44 (0)845 521 3013